I Was Here

Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Favorite Four Letter Word

It's not what you might be thinking. Although, there are quite a few four letter words that I'm very fond of and probably use way too much. But, there is one in particular that has more meaning than most words I know. A few years ago when I was setting up my craft room, I decided that I wanted to decorate the wall with some of my favorite things. So, out I went to the craft store to find the four letters. I collected the chosen letters made of wood, and went home and painted them. I added some decorative flowers and hung them on the wall. They were perfect and exactly what I wanted.

I see a lot of words displayed just about everywhere I go. They have become very popular. "Believe", "dream" and "imagine" are just a few. I see them on jewelry, signs, cards and scrapbook pages. They are all nice, but there really is only one that carries with it tremendous meaning. And that word is "HOPE". Without it, there is nothing. Hope is what keeps us going. It gets us up in the morning and helps us go to sleep at night. It gives us strength in the tough times and allows us to celebrate the good times. It is like oxygen. We have to have it. And just like oxygen fuels a fire, hope fans the flame of the human spirit. So, do whatever you have to do to remember it. Hang the word around your neck as a pendant or a wood sign on the wall. Never let the flame go out. Have faith, and have hope. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment